Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Intelligent Wish (Part 1)

R.

I knew him before, I don't know him now.


He wasn't like this before, and there's a part of me that still hopes that he changes. He was much better when he wasn't like this. But to the world that doesnt care, he has become superman. He has become all that the system wanted him to be, he has submitted...he is a perfect fit.

I cannot pin point the exact date, but it was one year ago. Before that he was different. He was my friend, he was everybody's friend. The gentle guy, the nice guy, the funny guy.

I have tried talking to him about this, I have tried to fight with him about this, I have even tried to get him drunk and explain, nothing works. He has become stronger, and in the process he has become stubborn.

I remember when he literally pushed me out of his room, telling me that I was coming in his sphere of things, and that I was eating into his space, and his ambition. That was the first time he had talked to me like that, but not the last time.

I remember the time when he did not behave like this, and when he was so easy going that it was a great relief just to have him around. Something went wrong somewhere, and I cant quite figure out what and when.

He was my greatest friend, all the good times we had, they all seem just a part of some long lost memory. Of a friend who has moved away.


T.


What can I tell you about him, he is the best there is. He wasn't always like this, he was generally foolish. But in the past one year he has overshot us all, he has become a source of inspiration and admiration for all of us.

I mean what can I say, he used to hang around my room during examination times just to get enough information so that he may pass the exams, but now his intelligence amazes me. Infact there are some areas where he is even better than me. I remember during the last exams, there were certain subjects where I had doubts and I went to ask him.

Yeah I guess he was slightly rude and brusque, but I think that is part of his objectivity.

No I dont think that I am scared of him, or even vary of him. He has risen as a great competitor. And I respect him for that.

K.

Not that I can tell much about him. He wasnt really a part of my friends circle, we all considered him to be some sort of blabbering fool. Yeah he was fun to be around, like a joker or someone.

One thing is for sure, he isn't as funny as he used to be. He has stuck his head in studies or something, but I don't know, he always was a weirdo. So there's nothing I can say for or against him.

No it doesnt make any difference to me.

I.

The saddest thing is, I was almost in love with him.


No comments: